FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Susanne Reimer-Fey, 314.518.9020
Consumer Electronics Provider Reveals New Brand, Plug, Connecting People Around the World to Reliable, Certified Pre-Owned Devices and an Elevated Customer Experience.
- Formerly eCommsell, a leading online provider of personal electronic devices, Plug is focused on changing perceptions around purchasing previously-owned devices, ensuring high-performance standards through an industry-leading certification process and warranty, and a superior customer experience.
- New brand launches amid company growth, world-wide sales, and new, expanded headquarters, all in less than two years of the start-up’s founding in 2020.
St. Louis, Mo. (October 6, 2021) – According to the United Nations, global e-waste volumes grew by 21 percent between 2014 and 2019.1 Responding to the need for more environmental-friendly technology options, eCommsell, a personal electronics provider and online retailer, is introducing Plug.
Plug is the company’s new brand, which has been renamed to embody its commitment to connecting people to reliable, Certified Pre-Owned devices, helping them to save money and play a part in reducing unnecessary e-waste. Through industry-leading warranties and a dedication to elevating the customer experience, Plug enables customers to feel confident purchasing Certified Pre-Owned devices at 40 – 70 percent off.
“We strongly believe the only difference between purchasing our Certified Pre-Owned devices and new technology should be the price,” said Oday Alyatim, founder and operations director of Plug. “Plug is committed to setting the bar for superior customer experience in the industry, making it easy and worry-free for customers to buy Certified Pre-Owned personal electronics with the same performance as new devices.”
Company Growth, International Sales, and Expanded Headquarters
Since eCommsell’s founding in early 2020, the company has experienced significant growth, doubling its staff to 16 employees, and is expecting to double its number of employees again by the end of 2021. In October 2020, the company began selling and shipping to international customers around the globe, including major countries in North America, Europe, South America, Middle East, Eastern Europe, and more. Additionally, the company has expanded its St. Louis headquarters, upgrading to an approximate 15,000 square foot facility, 400 percent larger than its former location.
“We’re seeing more people interested in affordable, environmentally friendly personal electronics,” said Alyatim. “As interest in renewed technology expands, the performance of Plug’s Certified PreOwned devices combined with our pricing, customer experience, reputation, and fast shipping are the leading factors fueling our growth.”
To ensure product performance, specialized technicians at Plug’s headquarters deep clean, sanitize and hand test every device in-house with a rigorous 90+ point functionality evaluation. Only devices that meet the company’s high-quality standards are sold, featuring Plug’s Certified Pre-Owned Assurance. The company’s Certified Pre-Owned Assurance is unmatched in the industry, providing a one-year warranty and 30-day money-back guarantee.
Other key customer offerings include:
- Condition grading: Full transparency on condition grading, with each device assigned one of three grades.
- Dedicated customer service team: Available to provide support and answer questions six days a week.
- Thoughtfully packaged devices and easy-to-follow setup instructions: Making the process as smooth and stress-free as possible.
- Purchases direct from Plug: Eliminating the uncertainty of purchasing from an online marketplace with many unfamiliar sellers.
- Commitment to reducing e-waste and environmental-friendly practices: Plug is working to prevent one million working devices from reaching landfills by 2025. The company is ‘Responsible Recycling’ or ‘R2’ certified, the most widely adopted global standard and certification program for responsible practices for pre-owned electronics.
Plug, formerly eCommsell, is a leading consumer electronics provider and online retailer that connects people to reliable, renewed devices. The company is based in St. Louis, Mo. and was founded by Oday Alyatim in 2020 to make it affordable and easy for people to get the most out of their personal technology purchases, helping to reduce unnecessary e-waste. Plug hand tests and certifies every device it sells through its rigorous 90+ point ‘Certified Pre-Owned Assurance’ certification process, providing a one-year warranty and 30-day money back guarantee on all devices sold. Plug is ‘Responsible Recycling’ or ‘R2’ certified, and has helped, along with its sister company Comm Depot, to prevent over one million working devices from reaching landfills since 2009.